Operates and supports the central college computer systems and related peripheral equipment including the host computers that run the college’s administrative applications, in addition to the other operational tools, software and computer devices. Areas of responsibility include computer operations, report distribution and tape library. Analyzes and resolves hardware/software problems. Provides direct operational services and assistance to users on multiple campuses and at the contracted colleges.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepares daily production schedule and handles user requests. Manages computer resources efficiently to provide maximum throughput and adequate system response.
- Communicates regularly regarding scheduling of computer time. Helps resolve computer related issues, routing user questions to other areas as appropriate.
- Analyzes and resolves hardware/software/problems such as operational discrepancies, job aborts, and network issues. Refers problems to appropriate person when operators’ best efforts cannot resolve. May occasionally develop software tools to enhance efficiency.
- Operates the computer efficiently to ensure production, packaging and delivery of regular, and special reports. Includes operation of performance consoles, printers, tape drives and disk drives. Additionally, operates other peripheral devices. Also provides operational support for the wide area and local area networks.
- Maintains operations database (i.e., jobs, scheduling, inventory, tape library, auto scheduler, etc.). Corrects and documents operational problems and discrepancies, including program changes and procedural changes as directed by supervisor or Programmer Analyst. Communicates changes in operating procedures and techniques to all operations personnel.
- Monitors supplies and equipment necessary to ensure continuous operations. Contacts vendors to research new products and pricing and coordinates delivery and installation of software, hardware, and network components. Maintains the proper inventory level of computer supplies. This includes updating inventory control sheets, ordering supplies and getting emergency supplies from the storeroom.
- Helps with the hiring and training of student and casual employees.
- Receives calls from vendors; responds as appropriate and/or refers to supervisor or other area as needed.
- Ensures adherence to college policies and requirements relating to access to and security of the computer operations area. Receives requests from people who want to enter restricted areas and allows access as appropriate. This includes responsibility for maintaining log files from the access control system.
- Maintains a variety of documentation, including operations procedures, tape libraries, and error logs.
- Ensures maintenance of equipment and workspace. Performs required cleaning/vacuuming of equipment and preventive maintenance procedures. In general, ensures that the environment and equipment are clean and secure.
- Performs daily, weekly and emergency backup procedures and ensures their accuracy. Performs file application and system recovery when needed. Responsible for maintaining and upgrading the backup and recovery application and its associated database. Develops and maintains all backup and recovery tools and scripts.
- Keeps technology skills up-to-date. This includes training on new equipment and software, learning new or modified procedures and reading technical manuals.
- Responsible for monitoring and maintaining air conditioning, water alarm, fire alarm, and power protection systems (UPS) in the computer operations area.
- Positions in this classification may perform all or some of the responsibilities above and all positions perform other related duties as assigned.
High school diploma or equivalent. Associate’s degree in computer related discipline or two years of related training. Related experience may substitute for the degree requirement or training on a year-for-year basis. Two years of recent experience as a computer operator or related data center experience is required.
Knowledge of: Computer operating systems and software for error handling and recovery; operating computer system peripheral devices.
Ability to: Operate and monitor multiple computer systems and peripheral devices concurrently; plan and schedule work priorities to meet deadlines and emergencies; analyze and resolve hardware/software problems; provide own transportation for district travel.
- Salary Offer 15000 $ 15000 Month
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Radio field Option 1
- Dropdown field Option 1
- Multiple Select field Option 1
- Checkbox field Option 2
Apply for job
- Agricultural (1)
- Automotive (2)
- Back-end Developer (1)
- Construction (2)
- Customer Service (1)
- Designer (4)
- Developer (1)
- Employment agency (3)
- Graphic Designer (1)
- HR (3)
- Human Resource (2)
- IT (1)
- Job Placement Consultants (2)
- Maintenance (2)
- Others (2)
- Recruitment / Employment Firms (1)
- Recruitment Agency (2)
- Sales (1)
- Suit No 6.A 1st Floor Satellite Shopping Center , Rawalpindi (12)
- Canada (3)
- Manitoba (2)
- Pakistan (2)
- France (1)